Earth Day 2018 is just a few weeks away... April 22nd!
There are small changes we could make in our everyday lives that can actually make a big impact on Earth's well-being. And they barely take any extra effort.
- Wash your recyclables before recycling. Did you know that a jar of peanut butter will not be recycled if it has residual peanut butter? Give it a quick wash.
- Turn off the lights. You hear this all the time. It saves energy and saves YOU money too.
- Go easy with the water. Take a shorter shower, minimize the amount of baths you take, don't leave the water running.
- Reuse! You can do this with so many things; water bottles, grocery bags, clothing swaps, hand-me-downs, the list is endless.
- Walk, ride your bike, or use public transit on your way to school or work.
- Use fewer chemicals for cleaning. Did you know that vinegar and warm water is just as effective for cleaning surfaces?
- Pick up that piece of trash you noticed while jogging. Recruit you kids to do a neighbourhood cleanup for a few bucks. Don't litter!
- Try to live a minimalist lifestyle. The more you declutter and less things you own will leave you feeling liberated... you don't need ten purses, one or two will do!
- Recycle your old electronics. Lots of electronic stores will accept your old cellphones, printers, and other electronics. Don't just throw them in the garbage.
- Use cold water when washing laundry and hang clothes to dry instead of using your dryer.