No injuries were reported after a tour bus caught fire on Tuesday evening in Lake Louise. According to Mounties, they responded to the call at 5 p.m. on the Ice Field Parkway.

"There were approximately 60 stranded bus passengers at the scene, 48 of which were youth who were on an international school ski trip from Tonbridge, United Kingdom," police said.

Local RCMP, Fire Rescue, Emergency Medical Service, and Parks Canada quickly responded to the incident and confirmed all occupants of the bus were safely removed.

A local business, “The Lodge at Bow Lake”, accommodated all passengers for a temporary shelter until the bus company could send another bus to have their passengers reach their destination. 

The cause of the fire is believed to be mechanical.

"This is yet another example of how the RCMP works with other agencies to ensure the wellbeing and safety of our citizens."

Send your news tips, story ideas, pictures, and videos to You can also message and follow us on Twitter: @AIR1061FM

DiscoverAirdrie encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the DiscoverAirdrie app. For breaking news, weather and contest alerts click here.