Pioneer Acres, which is located just north of Irricana, is about to put on their 52nd Annual Show!
Located on roughly 50 acres of land, Pioneer Acres has one goal: To preserve Western Canadian heritage by bringing history to life through displays, machinery, and exhibits.
Diana Rowe of Pioneer Acres says this upcoming Annual Show will be the first "normal show" they've had since 2019. They didn't have a show in 2020 and in 2021 the show was modified to be smaller so as to adhere to the public health regulations at the time. This year, in 2022, the Annual Show will be a full three-day event.
The show will run on August 5, 6, and 7 from 9am to 5pm.
Rowe says, every year, the show features an equipment manufacturer. This year, the featured manufacturer is International Harvester.
Here are some of the features set to happen during the show:
- Horse Parade
- Antique Truck & Car Parade
- Feature Parade
- Parade of Power
- Quilting, spinning, and rug-making demonstrations
- Ice cream from the horsepower demonstration in front of the red Horse Barn
- Seed cleaning and grain grinding demonstration
- Main Stage activities:
- Antique Tractor Pulls
- Slow Races
- Skills Competitions
- Live entertainment daily on the Calgary Stampede Stage both afternoons and evenings, included in admission
- Live demonstration of how wagon wheels are made
- Bunk Car and Cook Car used by the pioneers to support the crews of men during harvest
- Field Demonstrations
- Horse-drawn plowing, cultivating, and binder work
- Steam-driven plowing and threshing
- Pioneer World Exhibits including crafts and baking
The 52nd Annual Show at Pioneer Acres will also feature a "Pioneer Market" (Trade Fair).
All of the regular exhibits at Pioneer Acres will still be open during the show, including The Grain Academy, the Crown School, and the Pioneer Truck Museum.
There will also be some food available during the show such as a pancake breakfast on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. The breakfast will run from 8am to 10am on Friday and from 7am to 10am on the weekend days. A steak supper on Friday and Saturday night at 5:30 will also be available. Regular concession food stands will also be up and running at the park during the show, operated by the Irricana Lions Club.
Admission to the show is:
- $30 for a family (2 adults and up to 4 youth)
- $15 for an adult (16 and older)
- $12 for a senior (65 and over)
- $9 for youth (under 16)
- Children under 6 get in for free
For more information on the 52nd Annual Show at Pioneer Acres CLICK HERE.